Terms and Conditions for “Mohawk Million”
Effective 10th of May 2021
Last updated: 10th of May 2021
In the event that the registered Colt/Filly selected to race in the EquineX slot elects to use that slot, then the owners of that horse must agree to the following:
- Owners of horses using the EquineX slots, agree to direct 10% of the net proceeds earned in the Mohawk Million to EquineX North America Corp. (Example: for a 2nd place finish, 25% of $1,000,000 purse is $250,000 cdn less $25,000 (10%) trainer/driver = $225,000. $22,500 to be directed to EquineX )
- The trainer of record of the selected Colt and Filly, must notify EquineX no later than 48 hours prior to the closing of the entry box, their intention to race the selected horse. Failure to do so, will result in the also eligible horse filling that slot.
- Owners and trainers of the selected horses, agree to race under the rules of Mohawk Park Racetrack.
Consolation Awards: For those horses participating in this promotion who are not selected as candidates to race in either slot; their names will be entered into a post-race draw, where 25 names of participating horses will be selected. $500 USD will be awarded to each of the 25 names drawn.
Selection Process for the Two Race Candidates:
- On September 17th, 2021, a three person, independent selection committee will select from the top 25 earning Fillies and the top 25 earning Colts, the Filly and Colt, they consider to be the top performer at that time and most likely to have the best chance of winning the Mohawk Million Race. They will, at that time, select a runner up in both categories in the event that their first choice is unable or elects not to race.
- The selection committee will be announced prior to July 1st, 2021.
- In the event that the Colt selected is the winner of the William Wellwood Memorial and by virtue of this win, receives a bye into the Mohawk Million, then the 2nd choice of the selection committee will prevail and will be the candidate to race in the Colt slot. A third Colt will then be selected as an also eligible in the event that the second candidate is unable or chooses not to race.