Effective 1st January 2020
Last updated: 16th April 2020
EquineX North America Corporation
- Our website and products are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors to the website who are under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove all such information and terminate the child’s account.
What Information is Collected
- Personal Information: When you register for an account with EquineX, we collect and store the Content and information you provide including Personal Information that specifically identifies you, your horse or your account.
“Personal Information” is information about you that is personally identifiable to you, including, but not limited to, your name, address, email address or phone number, information about any horse you choose to register on the service, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing.
Information we collect also includes information provided to us, information pertaining to your behaviour when using the Services, or information we may obtain or purchase from third party websites or other services that you may use to register.
Your Personal Information may be processed by EquineX in the country where it was collected, as well as other countries where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- Non-personal Information: As with most other websites and similar communications Services, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files includes, amongst other things, Your IP (internet protocol) address, Your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used while using Our Service or websites you visited, the time you spent using our Services and which pages you visited throughout our site.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings. This can affect how you are able to interact with our Services and other sites we provide links to.
Personal Information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology that we use; however, if you previously provided Personal Information to us, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be commercially shared with third parties.
- Transactional Information: Certain premium features of our Services, (offers, goods, subscriptions to our Service and other items) will be available for a fee. In processing payment for such additional services, we will require certain information necessary to complete your purchase (“Transactional Information”). This information may include your name, billing address, email address, phone number, and credit card information, such as type of credit card, name on card, card number, validation number, and expiration date. As a policy, we do not store credit card details, beyond the length of our subscription, nor do we share customer details or Transactional Information with any 3rd parties.
How We Use Your Data
- How We Use the Information We Collect: The information we collect helps us understand your needs, interests and helps us deliver a consistent and personalized experience. For example, we may use your information to:
- create and maintain your account;
- prevent and detect fraud or other malicious activity;
- communicate with you about our Services, features or changes to the Service;
- allow other Users to communicate with you;
- provide you service and support;
- update you on new services and features.
We also provide you with the opportunity to be informed of various EquineX events via email. If you decide to opt in to receive such notifications, you may opt out by contacting us at email@example.com, or by unsubscribing using the link in any email communication.
EquineX retains the full right to sell, for commercial profit, your Personal Information; none of which, will reveal your name in connection with the Content you submit unless you, the individual User, agree to permit such in a separate agreement with EquineX. If you disagree with this policy you should immediately cancel your subscription with EquineX and stop using the Service we provide.
How We Protect and Store Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information: To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the information, we utilize appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect, including encryption of passwords stored on our servers.
Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, please be aware that there are risks inherent in sharing information and that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We also cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you share your information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on our website and therefore cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information.
You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, frequently changing your passwords, and using up to date antivirus software.
- Access and Accuracy of Your Information: We strive to keep your personal information accurately recorded. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to help maintain data accuracy. We provide our Users with reasonable access to personal information that they provided to us and the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask for its deletion, as applicable.
To protect your privacy and security, We will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your data and our Service. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to us, you can access your profile and follow the instructions on that page.
- Closing Your Account: If you want to close your account you can delete it by contacting us at info@Equinex.com. You may continue to receive email communications for a short period of time until we have updated all of our databases. After your Account is closed, your Personal Information may remain on our archived database and records. If You close your Account, your Personal Information cannot be recovered without your authorization.
Please be aware that even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of some or all of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others (for instance any comments or other posts You had made on Our web site).
Subject to local legal requirement for data retention, EquineX retains the right to delete your personal Content any time after you cancel your Subscription. EquineX will at all times have full rights (but not the obligation) to retain the Content indefinitely where such rights shall survive the termination of your Subscription for Services.
EquineX reserves the right to retain and disclose your Personal Information as aggregated data, or information or statements we publish without attribution to any identifiable individual. We may also retain and disclose specific data or statements that you separately and specifically agree we can share with the larger public or media, without infringing upon the User’s confidentiality.
When your information is shared
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties: EquineX cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud, theft, harassment and other rights.
- We can (and you hereby authorize Us to) disclose any information about you, including the content of your online communications, Content, Personal Information and on-line activities if we believe in good faith that such disclosure or release of your information is necessary to:
- comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Us;
- protect or defend the rights or property of EquineX, EquineX Affiliates or other third parties;
- assist in an investigation;
- respond to an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of Users or other persons. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about Our members, traffic patterns, and related web information.
We also may share your information with relevant equine associations and regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with fair practices. This is further outlined in our Disclosure Policy.
This data reflects website and Service usage patterns gathered during your visits to our web site each month but does not contain behavioural or identifying information about any individual member, unless that member has given us permission to share that information or we are required legally to share such information.
We may also provide log files and other databases of user information to third parties for analysis, so we can get a better understanding of traffic through our web site and use of our Services.
- Third Party Sites: We may use third party advertisements on the web site to support EquineX. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our website or when you use the Service, which will also send these advertisers information including Your IP address, Your ISP and the browser you used to visit our website.
- Transfer of Data Abroad: If you are visiting our web site or using our Services from a country other than the country in which our servers are located, Your communications with us may by monitored and may further result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this web site and communicating electronically with Us, You consent to such transfers.
Business Ownership Transfers
Contact Information and Dispute Resolution
EquineX North America Corporation ( 1788938 Ontario Ltd.)
The Exchange Tower
130 King Street W, Suite 1800
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5X 1E3
In order for us to take the appropriate action please describe in reasonable detail the nature of your request or inquiry.